April 13th, 2021

John Walker called the meeting to order at 6:11 PM.  

The minutes of prior meeting were moved, seconded, and unanimously approved.

The Treasures report was $371.84 as it has been since we stopped meeting in person.

Richard Milewski will present this evening on Firefox.

May’s meeting will either be System Preferences & Operating systems enhancements, or New Apple Products and new Macs.  Ty asks that we allow him to switch between the two.  In any event, the remaining one will be done in June.

Ty may be gone in July.  So we will need a backup program for that month.

John Walker adjourned the board meeting at 6:39 PM

Donna Pikl,
Secretary



March 9th 2021

The meeting was opened at 6:05 P.M.   Those board members present were John Walker, Ty Davison, Donita Zwolak, Richard Milewski, and Donna Pikl.

The minutes as emailed were moved,  seconded, and passed unanimously.  

Treasures report was the same ongoing balance.  Donita Zwolak went to bank and the statements will be mailed to Donna Pikl’s address.

Old Business:

Tonights meeting is on Notes and Reminders Ty Davison presenting.  

April meeting will be “Revisiting Firefox”,  Richard Milewski will be presenting.

May meeting will be "Systems Preference Enhancements,” presented by Ty Davison.

New Business:

We addressed an email from Warren King concerning a time for possible in person meetings to return.  We decided we would take the issue up when Center 50+ opens again.

If we go to Real Smug on the U Tube Channel for February meeting we can view Richard Milewski making a cookie cuter with smug emblem using 3 D Printing.

Continuing Business: Web adjustment needed due to power outages to avoid potential problems.

John Walker Adjourned the meeting.

Donna Pikl
Secretary  

February 8th, 2021

Those present were John Walker, Ty Davison, Richard Milewski, Donna Pikl, Donita Zwolak

John Walker opened the meeting at 6:12 pm.

It was moved and seconded that the minutes be accepted as emailed, it unanimously passed.

Treasurers report the same ongoing balance.  Donita will go to the bank in Stayton to get the mailing address of the statements changed to new address.

March meeting will be on Notes and Reminders presented by Ty or Dynee.  It was suggested that all of us might play with it a bit to see if we have questions to bring up at the meeting.

April meeting on Systems Preference and operating system enhancements.

 May presentation could be on Big Sur—it’s too far out right now for Ty to say that we’ll be recommending it then, and he doesn’t want to present on a system I’m not recommending. 
Meeting ended at 6:54 pm.

Donna Pikl,
Secretary

January 12th, 2021

Board members present were John Walker, Donna Pikl, Donita Zwolak, Richard Milewski, Ty Davison. 


John Walker opened the meeting at 6pm.  It was moved and seconded to accept the minutes from December as emailed.  It was approved.

Richard Milewski briefed us on The oregon.apples.org domain, also realsmug.org would both be able to be accessed for about a year.

Ty will present on Apple Contacts tonight.

We discussed next months meeting and it will be Richard Milewski presenting on 3D printing.

Lots of suggestions were presented for March meeting and decided to ask the membership what they would like to be presented. 


Richard shared with us about an app called Kanopy.com.  This program allows us to use our Library card to stream 10 programs or movies a month.  There are also great courses.

We discussed organizing with perhaps Reminder or notes.  Also the use of Todo lists.  

Integrating Zoom links into Calendar seemed to be confusing, but it was decided just to cut and paste would work.

John Walker closed the meeting at 6:45 pm.

— Secretary, Donna Pikl

November 10th, 2020

John Walker opened the meeting at 6:04.  Ty Davison was not able to attend so there was not a quorum.

The minutes from October will be brought up on December 8th meeting for approval.

John Walker was to contact the bank to give his information and sign papers,  Donna Pikl was also to give the bank a call to give the drivers license renewal update.

Richard Milewski will be paid for the website domain out of his next dues.

Dynee Medlock was taking Ty’s place.  Ty’s wife had surgery.

Present  officers will be voted on in December meeting.  

Dynee will be covering Whats new in apple equipment. 

Discussion followed on iphones, and web site posting of minutes.

Plans for Dec. meeting:   Social, presenting officers, voting, Share/present on Apps.  Name of our website to be voted on is “oregonapples.org”.

John Walker closed meeting at 6:48 PM

–Secretary, Donna Pikl

December 8th, 2020

John Walker opened the meeting.  Warren King authorized Donna Pikl, via e-mail, to vote one his behalf.
Ty Davison moved that the October and November minutes be accepted as presented by e-mail.  Richard Milewski 
seconded it, and they were unanimously approved.

Richard Milewski will send email to members with a link to register. 

Ty Davison’s availability is limited due to Erins cancer treatment.  He could do  any Apple Products included on the Mac. which would not require further preparation. This could include iPhone, iPad.  Ty suggested maybe contacts for January meeting.  Richard Milewski suggested Air Drops as an option.

  Richard Milewski was to present 3D Printing at some point but he felt we would really need to be in-person for this presentation.  However, he would need a few months out to get ready with video cuts for a Zoom presentation.

Ty gave us a tentative YES for January presentation on Contacts.  Ty discussed that busy cal is another calendar program, but it is $50. to purchase. One Password could be another topic for February if Richard could not do his in February.

John Walker closed the meeting.

Thank You,
Donna PIkl, Secretary

October 13th, 2020

The meeting of the board on October 13, 2020.  Those in attendance were Ty Davison, John Walker, Donna Pikl Richard Milewski, and Donita Zwolak.
John Walker opened the meeting.  The minutes from the September 2020 meeting had one correction and the change was moved and seconded, and unanimously approved.
It was announced that Ty would be presenting on Messages in this month’s meeting.
Old Business:  John informed us that it was time to form our nominating committee.  Since Warren King Was not present we nominated Warren for Vice President.
Richard  brought to our attention that since he was now the webmaster that the position is a part of the regular board rather than a member-at-large.   It was moved, seconded, and unanimously approved.
A bank meeting of John Walker, Donita Zwolak and Donna Pikl was planned for Tuesday October 20th at 10 am.
Richard said the New Domain bill was $14.  Richard suggested it could come off of his next dues, but Donna felt it should be paid.
Richard suggested we have the same slate of officers for next year and John Walker will bring it up at the meeting tonight.
New Business: Richard Milewski spoke on the new web design for SMUG and discussion ensued.  Richard suggested changing the domain name for website from RealSMUG.org to OregonApples.org.
John Walker closed the meeting at 6:50 pm.
Donna Pikl
Secretary

September 15th, 2020

The board meeting was called to order by John Walker.  

It was briefly discussed November and December meeting.ideas. We reminded Ty that November would his presentation on new Apple Products. The topic for December was still left open.  Tonight’s meeting topic will be, “Favorite IOS Apps”.

It was moved and seconded to have Richard Milewski host the RealSmug.org website and manage the domain with a new domain registrar. The motion was passed unanimously with two abstentions.

Future Meetings; October will be on MESSAGES. November will be New Apple products and updates.

Some discussion on what to NOT install. Ty recommended not installing anything which is specific to the new operating systems. That because they’re new and will have problems. Frequently the solution is to wait for Apple to apply a fix, however long that might take.

The meeting was adjourned by John Walker

August 11th, 2020

John Walker opened the meeting at 6:10 pm.   

Board Members Present: John Walker, Donna Pikl, Ty Davison, Richard Milewski, and Donita Zwalok.

Board Members Absent: Warren King

Ty Davison moved to accepted minutes as e-mailed. Richard Milewski second the motion.  The motion was passed unanimously.

Ty Davison received all Treasurers material after the death of Evelynn Smith.  Discussion followed as to where the materials would be kept and it was decided that Ty Davison will deliver them to Donna Pikl’s house Friday the 14th at 10am. 

A motion was made by Richard Milewski to remove Evelynn Smith from the bank account and place Donna Pikl in her place while retaining John Walker and Donita Zwalok as signers on the account.  Ty Davison second the motion. The motion was passed unanimously.

The presentation for Aug. 11-2020 was “Apple Mail and it’s alternatives”. 
September 2020 presentation is “Favorite IOS Apps”. 
October will be Apple Messages App. and November’s presentation will be decided in September. 
December will possibly be “Presentation on New Apple Products”.

John Walker adjourned the meeting at 6:49 pm.

Respectfully submitted by,

.
Donna Pikl
Board Secretary

July 14th, 2020

John Walker opened the meeting.
Minutes were moved to accept by Ty Davison and 2nd by Richard Milewski.
Treasurers report was the same as in June and it was approved.
August meeting will be Apple Mail and other alternatives.
September meeting is to be on Favorite iOS apps.
We clarified that dues will start fresh when we start in house meetings again.
John Walker closed the meeting