December 14, 2021

Ty Davison called the meeting to order at 6:04 P.M.
Ty moved to approve the minutes of November board meeting as emailed  and Richard 2nd, they were unanimously approved.
Treasures report was the same at $371.84 as bank balance.  I, Donna Pikl, is to check with the bank to make sure no fees are not taken out while no activity is on account.
John Walker took care of the 50+ Center inquiring as to delay of meeting in public due to more Covid outbreaks.
December meeting will have a slate of officers, Q&A untimed, Apps of interest, and Ty will give Apple update & Monterey information.
January of 2022 will be on Pages. 
We will present at meeting to accept the slate of officers as a whole.
New Business, much discussion on upcoming meetings and advanced Covid variants.
Ty closed the meeting at 6:43 P.M. 

November 9th, 2021

The meeting was called to order by John Walker November 9, 2021 at 6:11 pm.  Board members present were John Walker, Ty Davison, Richard Milewski, Donna Pikl, and Donita Zwolak.

Ty moved to accept minutes as emailed, Richard 2nd and they were unanimously approved.

Discussion on the possibility of Bank Charges if no activity was shown on the account.  Donna Pikl was to talk to the bank.

Ty will speak tonight on various Apple Products.

Ron Dixon offered to be a Board member where needed.  Ron Dixon was nominated for a Member-At-Large position.

It was suggested that we Draft Henry Neugass for a Board-Member-At-Large position also.

December meeting will be the presenting of officers, voting, and unlimited Q & A.  Also, Apps. of interest.

There was discussion on Monterey testing and it’s flaws.  

January 2022 meeting is on Mail.  It was suggested that maybe we could do Pages, Numbers, Key Note, and more taking one a month. They will still need to make the final cut.

John Hammil asked if someone would take the Center 50+ questions for Apple Products?

Questions arose on when to return to Center 50+ for in person meetings.

John Walker closed the Board Meeting @ 6:45 pm.

Donna PIkl
Secretary

October 12th, 2021

SMUG Minutes 10/12/21

John Walker opened the meeting at 6:06 P.M.

Ty Davison moved that we accept the minutes from Sept. and Richard Milewski seconded and they were approved.

Treasurers report had a balance of $371.84, with a 4 months credit at Center 50+.

The meeting was to be on mail alternatives on varied devices, but instead Ty spoke to us on new products.

November meeting Ty will speak on various products.  We are encouraged to bring Turkey recipes.  Officier Candidates will be presented to be voted on in December.

Richard Milewski moved that we add additional new member’s at large, Ty seconded and it was approved.

December meeting will be election of candidates presented, unlimited Q & A and new Apps. & Websites people have found.

Ty gave some comments on spam.

Board meeting closed at 6:43 pm by John Walker.


Donna Pikl,
Secretary

September 14th, 2021

Meeting was called to order 9-14-21 by John Walker.  The meeting was being recorded.  Dynee Medlock was suggested to be proxy for Ty Davison who could not attend. 

A motion was made and second to approve the minutes from July (since we didn’t meet in August).

It was confirmed that we have 4 months prepaid (credit) at Center 50+. When we do meet in person at 50+, it will require masks and we can only eat food that we bring for ourselves.  Richard Milewski suggested that we wait until November to do in-person meetings.  We will evaluate month to month due to the number of new cases of Covid.

Dynee will speak tonight on iPhone Apps.

Octobers meeting will be on mail alternatives on varied devices.

November Meeting will be Turkey recipes, New products, new officer candidates, so we can vote on the new slate of officers in December.

We discussed mail and the board meeting was closed.

July 13th, 2021

July meeting of 7/13/21 was unofficial because there was not a quorum.

Some discussion on possible hybrid meeting when we return to Center 50+, along with Zoom.

Minutes— no quorum.

Sept. Zoom  for Ty’s presentation.

October- Mail Alternative/ Richard/Ty or whoever for iPads and phones.

Nov. Share Turkey Recipes and New Apple Products.

Dec. Election and New Slate of officers.

Q&A  "Where does my stuff go”.

The rest just evolved into varied discussions.

Donna Pikl,
Secretary

May 11th, 2021

May 11, 2021

Meeting was called to order at 6:06 PM by John Walker.

It was moved and seconded that we accept the minutes for April as emailed.  It pass unanimously.

Ty will present on new Apple Products tonight.  

June’s meeting on System Preferences and operating systems was moved to September.  June’s meeting will need to be presenting on Big Sur because we will need to be updating.  

Discussion ensued on alternatives for email because of email problems.

A possible iPhone presentation on automation was discussed. There was a Nerd break where much discussion took place.  The rest listened.

A question about ready recordings for quick reference was debated and suggestions made.

The meeting was adjourned at 6:39 PM by John Walker.

April 13th, 2021

John Walker called the meeting to order at 6:11 PM.  

The minutes of prior meeting were moved, seconded, and unanimously approved.

The Treasures report was $371.84 as it has been since we stopped meeting in person.

Richard Milewski will present this evening on Firefox.

May’s meeting will either be System Preferences & Operating systems enhancements, or New Apple Products and new Macs.  Ty asks that we allow him to switch between the two.  In any event, the remaining one will be done in June.

Ty may be gone in July.  So we will need a backup program for that month.

John Walker adjourned the board meeting at 6:39 PM

Donna Pikl,
Secretary



March 9th 2021

The meeting was opened at 6:05 P.M.   Those board members present were John Walker, Ty Davison, Donita Zwolak, Richard Milewski, and Donna Pikl.

The minutes as emailed were moved,  seconded, and passed unanimously.  

Treasures report was the same ongoing balance.  Donita Zwolak went to bank and the statements will be mailed to Donna Pikl’s address.

Old Business:

Tonights meeting is on Notes and Reminders Ty Davison presenting.  

April meeting will be “Revisiting Firefox”,  Richard Milewski will be presenting.

May meeting will be "Systems Preference Enhancements,” presented by Ty Davison.

New Business:

We addressed an email from Warren King concerning a time for possible in person meetings to return.  We decided we would take the issue up when Center 50+ opens again.

If we go to Real Smug on the U Tube Channel for February meeting we can view Richard Milewski making a cookie cuter with smug emblem using 3 D Printing.

Continuing Business: Web adjustment needed due to power outages to avoid potential problems.

John Walker Adjourned the meeting.

Donna Pikl
Secretary  

February 8th, 2021

Those present were John Walker, Ty Davison, Richard Milewski, Donna Pikl, Donita Zwolak

John Walker opened the meeting at 6:12 pm.

It was moved and seconded that the minutes be accepted as emailed, it unanimously passed.

Treasurers report the same ongoing balance.  Donita will go to the bank in Stayton to get the mailing address of the statements changed to new address.

March meeting will be on Notes and Reminders presented by Ty or Dynee.  It was suggested that all of us might play with it a bit to see if we have questions to bring up at the meeting.

April meeting on Systems Preference and operating system enhancements.

 May presentation could be on Big Sur—it’s too far out right now for Ty to say that we’ll be recommending it then, and he doesn’t want to present on a system I’m not recommending. 
Meeting ended at 6:54 pm.

Donna Pikl,
Secretary

January 12th, 2021

Board members present were John Walker, Donna Pikl, Donita Zwolak, Richard Milewski, Ty Davison. 


John Walker opened the meeting at 6pm.  It was moved and seconded to accept the minutes from December as emailed.  It was approved.

Richard Milewski briefed us on The oregon.apples.org domain, also realsmug.org would both be able to be accessed for about a year.

Ty will present on Apple Contacts tonight.

We discussed next months meeting and it will be Richard Milewski presenting on 3D printing.

Lots of suggestions were presented for March meeting and decided to ask the membership what they would like to be presented. 


Richard shared with us about an app called Kanopy.com.  This program allows us to use our Library card to stream 10 programs or movies a month.  There are also great courses.

We discussed organizing with perhaps Reminder or notes.  Also the use of Todo lists.  

Integrating Zoom links into Calendar seemed to be confusing, but it was decided just to cut and paste would work.

John Walker closed the meeting at 6:45 pm.

— Secretary, Donna Pikl